Monday 10 April 2006

Field of Dreams

Saw the end of this wonderful film again on Five yesterday. Lorraine was somewhat bemused as to why I had to see the end of a film I own on video, but it really is that good.

Of course it is also the one film that can also move me to tears, and a different line in it set me off this time. It would have given Lorraine a good laugh, had she not needed a nap at the time.

And the best quote of the film? Definitely this:

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."

<tingling>

And yes, I know that the film isn't ultimately about baseball, but I love it regardless of that fact.

By the way I'm really tired today. Not good this early in the week.

No comments: