Wednesday 24 May 2006

Gamer's Thumb

Was over in East Kilbride at the in-law's last night. Graeme (my brother-in-law) was there with his Gamecube, so needless to say we had the opportunity to have a game of FIFA 2005 there.

I'm really out of touch with this game. Since I got Pro Evolution Soccer 4 my allegiance has changed, to the point where more experienced FIFA players (e.g. Graeme and my best friend Neil) absolutely wipe the floor with me. Of course sometimes I don't help myself by doing things like accidentally getting my goalkeeper to dribble out of the penalty area with the ball, allowing Graeme an easy goal into an empty net.

Anyway, I'm feeling the effects the day after. My left thumb, cut open by doctors at Wishaw General in January is a touch tender again. I can't help but think that the Nintendo game pad design with the grip on top of the left analog stick really doesn't help with this, although obviously I can't prove that.

(And no, that isn't an excuse for losing 3-1 and 4-0 in back-to-back games.)

No comments: